Industrial 5hp 19 CFM 2 Stage Single Phase Inline 80 Gallon Vertical
***Tank Color change from Black to EMAX Yellow March 2019
31 x 42 x 75
Our Industrial Series offers all the same quality and durability as our Plus series without all the extra cost of added features. We offer this series so that anyone can afford to have an EMAX Compressor.
This Industrial 5 HP 2 Stage Inline 1 Phase Vertical 80 Gallon Piston Air Compressor is designed for up to 50,000 hours industrial use with proper maintenance. This unit features our low RPM pumps and delivers 19 CFM @ 100 PSI. Our unit is SUPER COOL & SUPER QUIET!
At the core of our Emax compressors is our pump. These pumps are SUPER quiet in operation and built to last! We start with a solid cast iron crankcase. Unlike some competitor’s aluminum body crankcases – our solid cast iron crankcase will ensure stable crankshaft alignment and will handle more work load under heavy load conditions.
Our pump also features a precision balanced solid cast iron crankshaft with Timken-Style stainless steel roller bearings on the front and rear of the crankshaft to ensure smooth & efficient operation with less drag and less energy use.
Our pumps also feature several other key components that ensure durability and performance!
- All steel connecting rods with replaceable rod bearing inserts. This allows our rods to be rebuilt! 99% of our competitors now use “throw-away” aluminum connecting rods in their pumps that have no re-build capability.
- Removable 100% cast iron cylinders. These solid cast iron cylinders are more stable under heavy workloads and do not warp from heat. Most of our competitors are using aluminum cylinders with a pressed-in sleeve that warp under extreme heat. This makes competitor pumps good for about a 40-50% duty cycle – while claiming a 100% duty cycle. Most of the pumps with aluminum cylinders have to be replaced in 1-2 years because they would not hold up under heavy use. Not our Air pumps! Our solid cast iron cylinders can “take the heat” and are designed to perform on heavy load demands.
- All cast iron cylinder heads. Cast iron heads are more durable and dependable for trouble free operation.
- “Disc valve design” intake and exhaust valves. Disc valves have been around for over 100 years and have been proven to perform. Most of our competitors are using “throw-away” reed valves which are not nearly as durable and can’t be re-built. Our disc valves come right out of the top of the cylinder head where they can be serviced in minutes instead of hours like reed valves.
- Top quality compression and oil rings. Our rings ensure performance with low oil carry over (1-5 PPM).
- Precision ground pistons machined to tight tolerances ensures low oil carry over.
- Premium “non-absorbent” gaskets prevent oil seepage from pump.
- All cast iron flywheel with built-in fan. The extra weight of our cast iron flywheel during run cycle gives the pump more “throw” on the compression stroke which will result in fewer loads on the electric motor. Some manufacturers use aluminum flywheels that do not have the proper weight ratio to give the proper throw on the compression stroke when the pump is running.
- Built-in head unloaders. These unloaders are built into the intake valve assembly on the compressor head and perform a valuable function. They unload or open the intake valves under constant run applications. This feature reduces internal pump heat from compression because the intake valve is held open throughout the unloading cycle. This allows fresh air to come into the cylinder chamber. Under the compression stroke, the unloader holds the intake valve open allowing the air to blow back out the intake filter. This fresh air absorbs the heat out of the pump under heavy workloads.
- Built-in inter-cooler and after-coolers. The inter-cooler allows air to be cooled between stages while the air cooled after-cooler provides a second cooling stage that cools the air before it goes into the tank. Our after-cooler also includes an all copper main feed line from the pump into the tank.
Bottom line …
Not only do we have one of the highest quality, most durable compressor pumps in the industry … but we have one of the lowest RPM compressor pumps on the market. That’s the Emax difference!
Pump RPM is a very critical factor in both performance and longevity. For that reason, on most of our compressors, we normally “GO BIG” over-sizing our pumps and running them at lower RPMs than most manufacturers. Our bigger, low RPM pump can still yield a high CFM output because both our bore and stroke are bigger. Not only do you get the big CFM output, but the lower RPM operation also reduces friction and heat buildup to extend pump life!
NAME BRAND ELECTRIC MOTOR
These units have name brand OPD (open drip motors) on them. They carry a 5 Year warranty.
It is most important to note that all of our motors are low RPM motors (1750 rpm) … most manufacturers now use higher RPM motors (3450 rpm). 1750 RPM motors run much cooler than 3450 RPM motors because of the higher torque factor. They also yield low harmonic distortion, provide much higher torque in cold weather starting and require less electricity under start up.
Additional Motor Features:
- Large 1-3/8” output shaft
- High quality ball bearings on the front and rear of the motor shaft
- Large starting and running capacitors
- 15 Service Factor load. This means the motor can be pulled 15% over full load for more break horsepower
- Dynamically balanced armature for low vibration levels
- BELT GUARDWe at Emax Compressor are always concerned about durability and about your safety in everything we build. Our belt guards are no exception. Built right here in the USA with 13 G steel and premium grade expanded metal, we manufacture our belt guards to be tougher than any you will find in the industry today. For your safety, our belt guards are OSHA approved.
This unit has a prewired condor starter and pressure switch built into one. Features an actuation- type diaphragm.
- AIR TANKWe at Emax are always concerned about durability and about your safety in everything we build. Along with this philosophy, our air tanks are manufactured right here in the USA and are ASME code compliant in 50 states including California.
- CONTROLS & COMPONENTSWe at Emax Compressor use only top quality components on our compressors.
- Top quality pressure switches with an adjustable screw which allows you to adjust your pressure higher or lower.
- 100% brass check valves with Teflon Seating. All check valves on our compressors are all brass with a Teflon seating. This reduces tank noise when the compressor is running because the Teflon seating is much quieter than other materials and insulates noise when valves are opening and closing during the compression stage.
- 100% brass ASME safety valves. For your safety all safety valves are 100% brass and comply to ASME code. Valves are preset and sealed for correct settings. In the event that your compressor would not turn off, our safety valves open keeping compressor from building too high of a pressure level in the tank. This will help to avoid the potential of tank rupture.
- Top quality plumbing fittings are used to maintain proper sealing when connected to the tank.
- High quality 100% brass ball valves are used for turning air on and off from the air receiver.
- Extended tank water drain pipe plumbed out the front of the unit with a ¼” ball valve handle for easy tank draining. Eliminates the hassle of draining the tank with the typical petcock style drain under the tank.
- Load-less starting. Thanks to built-in head un-loaders built into the intake valve assembly on the compressor head, “load-less” staring is built into this unit. This unloads the pump so the pump will not start under direct head pressure. Without this feature, this will cause motor damage under starting cycle.
- MOTOR PULLEY AND BELTSWe use taper lock style 2-groove pulleys (not single groove). We also use dual 2-groove, B-Style belts to drive our pumps. This combination is best for a couple of reasons.First, dual belts ensure long belt life and yield low vibration which makes for smoother, more quiet operation because the dual belts do not have to be as tight as with a single belt setup. The tighter the belts (as with a single belt setup) the more load on the compressor pump and motor bearings which decreases the life of both.Second, our taper lock pulleys are much better than a fixed bore pulley with a set screw. A taper lock design will lock the pulley in position to the motor shaft allowing it not to loosen or move on the motor shaft.Our 5-year warranty should not only give you, our customer, complete confidence in our product – but also in our commitment to excellence in quality, support and service.EMAX Piston Manual
|CFM @ 100 PSI||19|
|Pump Material||Solid Cast Iron|
|Tank Size||80 Gallon|
|Tank Outlet Size||3/4"|
|Warranty||5 Year Non-Pro rated|
|Recommended Breaker||40 AMP|
|Oil Capacity||2 Quarts|
|Drive Type||Belt Driven|
|Tank Size||80 Gallon|
Having just built a 3000 sq ft shop on my property, it came time to start outfitting it. The compressor was the first major purchase – and one I spent an enormous amount of time researching. After looking at a couple used Eaton units, I finally settled on a new 5 HP unit. I cannot say enough good things about dealing with this company. They politely and competently answered all my dumb questions during the pre-sales process, made sure it was shipped within a very narrow time window to arrive at a specific time, and it arrived exactly as ordered, right on time.
Oh and the compressor is awesome as well :).
Just wanted to let you know I appreciate all you help and am very satisfied with the service and merchandise I received. Not many businesses these days treat customers as I found you guys do. Thank you!
I just got this unit installed in my home shop and I am glad I bought the whisper quiet version. My space has only one door and the shop acts like a resonating chamber for noise. The air compressor is very quiet. I have no hesitation making a phone call while in the shop. When I am within a foot of the air compressor, I need to talk directly to another person but I do not have to yell. When I run the unit in ‘continuous mode’ with the motor on and the pump essentially not, the noise pattern doesn’t change much which would indicate that most of the noise from the unit is not from the pump.
Initial perceptions on quality are very good. I don’t have a lot of hours on the compressor to validate longevity, but many of the things I found missing on other industrial air compressors are there on this one. I was concerned about the ‘motor’ not being named as to which brand when I bought the unit, but I received a Leeson motor to which I am happy.
Overall a very heavy and beefy unit. It would be difficult to find a 5 HP low RPM 2 stage compressor from anyone else with this quality for this price
– good quality
– heavy, cast iron parts
– US, reliable parts list
– very reasonably priced
– It is slightly quieter than the single stage 60 gal 3 hp IR I replaced, (but not by much, see below). The lower frequency noise is also more tolerable than the higher frequency noise my old compressor made.
– not as quiet as I hoped.
– Top heavy and weighs almost 600 lbs, extremely difficult to move or load without machinery. Get a gantry crane, or a forklift if you need to lift this. Four big dudes might risk tipping it.
– wiring for the compressor switch was not immediately clear, but was resolved with a Google search for the pressure switch part number